Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Early Bird

I always thought that if I didn't have a "day job" I would be so efficient. I'd be getting all kinds of stuff done.

It's not true, and maybe I'm just not into a routine yet, but I never feel like I'm getting enough done. And now we are in tech week for Thoroughly Modern Millie Jr. (it's so good!) and I have more to get done than ever. I keep forgetting that I need to get props, and I was out all day today!

I have trouble sleeping, and it seems like more trouble now. And maybe I just need to take a sleeping pill and hit the hay, but I've always felt taking pills to get rid of your problems is never the answer. My brain just won't stop running. And since I have trouble sleeping, I have trouble waking up. I need to figure how to get up early, and get ready faster so a majority of the day doesn't pass with me in bed, in the shower, and getting dressed.

I guess that's all for today. I should go get some sleep.

Good wishes and love to you all!
KB

1 comment:

  1. i've noticed the same effect -- paradoxically i seem to get more done in all areas when i have more demands on my time.

    i theorize that we *need* routines and schedules, otherwise it always feels like there's time to get that done "later". but i'm an obsessive to-do-list maker.

    as far as sleeping goes, i agree that taking pills isn't a good answer. have you tried exercise every day, preferably in the morning? it helps me.

    other things that help me are to go to bed at the same time every night, wake up at the same time every morning (whether or not i have somewhere to be), and avoid looking at bright screens (computers, games, etc.) for at least an hour before bed. (apparently the brightness can screw up your wake/sleep cycle.)

    oh, and also, i cut caffeine out entirely many years ago, and noticed a dramatic improvement in my mood swings and sleep cycle. now the strongest thing i drink is tea, and that only in the morning. so that's a thought too.

    btw, do you read The Happiness Project? i highly recommend. here's one of her posts on sleep: http://www.happiness-project.com/happiness_project/2010/01/fourteen-tips-for-getting-more-sleep-and-why-it-matters.html

    ReplyDelete