Monday, August 9, 2010

Crossing Off

I've been amazed in the last week at what I've accomplished. In some ways it's not much, but in so many others it's a lot.

I went to the gym a couple of times with my sister, and we are planning on going more. I've always dreaded going to the gym in the past, but I think my sister is the perfect person for me to go to the gym with. She's supportive, but knows what to push and when to push.

Doug and I pushed, pushed, pushed through the inbetween Box on Saturday and got our mess under control. It was something that was weighing on me heavily, but now it's in a certain amount of order. It makes me so happy. I don't dread going in there now. I know we still have more in our POD, but at least now when that stuff arrives it's clearer where that stuff is going to go.

I've started making little baby steps to cleaning my apartment. I cleaned out a few drawers. I'm hanging my laundry when I bring it home. I'm taking the trash out more often. I feel like I'm taking time to enjoy my apartment more. Lounging in my bed Saturday and Sunday morning just reading was such a nice treat this week.

I think one of the things that has really happened this summer is I've taken more time for myself and to do the things that I want to do. Once our show gets started I've really got to make more of an effort to schedule that personal time for myself.

Oh! I got a job. It's 10 hours a week doing after care for Alice King Community Charter School. I've been needing to make some more money. I've been super broke as of late, so this will be super helpful in getting all of my financials back on track.

There are still a lot of things that I need to take care of, but with these little things being crossed off my to do list, I feel much more optimistic about their completion!

Love to you and a task done off your to do list!
KB

No comments:

Post a Comment